Rural Development Grievances

The management company encourages all Residents to share their ideas, concerns and positive feedback with management on a regular basis. We have established a grievance procedure in an effort to give residents an opportunity to address any concerns they may have about our properties or how they are being managed.

In an effort to streamline the resident grievance process, residents are asked to adhere to the following procedure:

Step 1 – Contact the Property Manager in writing using the Resident Grievance Report (NT 12-01.B) regarding the complaint and give them 10 days to respond your complaint. If you are unable to make a written complaint, you may authorize a staff member or a third party to complete the Report on your behalf.

Step 2 – If the Property Manager does not respond to the Resident Grievance Report within 10 days, or if you are unable to resolve your concerns after meeting with the Property Manager, send a copy of the Report to the appropriate management company representative with a letter explaining the status of the complaint to:

If the grievance relates to a disability, contact our 504 Coordinator: Dustin Tucker –

For all others, address your concerns to the property’s Regional Property Manager:

Contact Information:

Tamarack Property Management Co.
2929 3rd Avenue North, Suite 538
Billings, MT 59101-1944
(406) 252-3773 TTY 711
Please include your telephone number or a way for us to contact you and allow 10 days for the individual identified above to respond to your complaint.

Step 3 – If the management company representative does not respond to the Resident Grievance Report within 10 days, or if you are unable to resolve your concerns after speaking with this individual, you may contact the Vice President of Operations by calling (406) 252-3773 / TTY 711.

Step 4 – If the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction by following the steps listed above, you may contact any of the following agencies in order to continue the grievance procedure:

In Montana:

USDA Rural Development (RD properties only)
1629 Avenue D, Building A6
Billings, MT 59102
(406) 657-6297, ext. 124
(406) 585-2565 fax
Montana Fair Housing (all property types)
519 East Front Street
Butte, MT 59701
(800) 929-2611

In Wyoming:

USDA Rural Development (RD properties only)
601 Broadway Street, Suite A
Thermopolis, WY 82443
(307) 864-3488
(307) 864-4167 fax
Wyoming Fair Housing (all property types)
305 West 1st Street
Casper, WY 82601
(866) 255-6362

If you feel it is necessary to contact one of these agencies, we will work with them to determine the most effective way of handling your complaint.

Please be advised that if you contact us without following the steps outlined above, we will ask that you try to resolve your complaint according to this policy unless the management company representative has reason to believe it may result in retaliatory conduct. Persons with disabilities have the right to request a reasonable accommodation to participate in the grievance process.

The Rural Development Tenant Grievance Procedures (CFR 3560.160) provide additional information and can be downloaded here.

The Resident Grievance Report may be obtained from the property office, by downloading it from this website or by calling the management company at (406) 252-3773 or TTY 711.